The Future of Energy
IEA Executive Director gives far-ranging presentation in Mexico City
29 February 2012
IEA Executive Director Maria van der Hoeven made a wide-ranging presentation on "The Future of Energy" at an international seminar in Mexico City, invited by Energy Secretary Jordy Herrera.
Her remarks covered uncertainty in oil markets and continued growth in demand driven by the transport sector. She also looked at prospects for natural gas, especially the role of unconventional resources. Highlighting the importance of energy efficiency, Ms Van der Hoeven called it essential for achieving both energy security and climate change goals. She also discussed the Mexico in the global energy context.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA launches four-year energy project in Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address at G20 Energy Ministerial
- IEA Executive Director travels to Beijing for G20 Energy Ministerial
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address at World Nuclear Exhibition
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for June