The Future of Energy
IEA Executive Director gives far-ranging presentation in Mexico City
29 February 2012
IEA Executive Director Maria van der Hoeven made a wide-ranging presentation on "The Future of Energy" at an international seminar in Mexico City, invited by Energy Secretary Jordy Herrera.
Her remarks covered uncertainty in oil markets and continued growth in demand driven by the transport sector. She also looked at prospects for natural gas, especially the role of unconventional resources. Highlighting the importance of energy efficiency, Ms Van der Hoeven called it essential for achieving both energy security and climate change goals. She also discussed the Mexico in the global energy context.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address to G7 Energy Ministerial
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips