Energy Transitions 2018 Conference
Chatham House, London, UK: 19 March 2018 - 20 March 2018
Transformational change and technological innovation coupled with recent political transitions have caused many to reassess the most important drivers and steps on the road towards affordable, reliable and sustainable energy internationally.
Increasingly, hydrocarbon producers are adapting their business models, utilities are adopting new practices and infrastructures, and downstream technologies are empowering consumers towards greater efficiencies. Progress is clear, but questions remain across the energy supply chain with regard to the most effective measures, the respective roles of different actors, and the specific obstacles that economies and sectors will face in the accelerating energy transition.
In this context, the third annual Chatham House Energy Transitions conference will bring together leading policy-makers, business leaders and industry experts to explore:
- How does the world access and use energy? Where can different technological innovations be most effectively harnessed? What are the risks?
- What impact will recent political transitions have on future global energy governance? In its absence, what are the opportunities for alternative leadership?
- Where in the energy supply chain is there the greatest potential for gains, across producers, distributors and consumers? How can these gains be practically realised?
- Which measures are most effective in closing the investment gap?
- Is full electrification realisable? Is it desirable?
- How can governments and businesses facilitate transitions whilst causing minimal disruption?
- What are the implications across competitiveness, resource stability and growth?
For more information please click here..
< Back to calendar
Mar26March 26, 2019 10:30
PublicationGlobal Energy & CO2 Status ReportOnline
Mar27March 27, 2019 09:00
WorkshopWorkshop on Modernising Energy Efficiency through DigitalisationUIC-P Espace Congrès, 16 rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris
Mar27March 27, 2019 11:40
MeetingEDF's Energy Committee RetreatSan Francisco, CA