Clean transition in industry
COP24, Katowice, Poland (Japan Pavilion): 7 December 2018
Time: 16:15 - 17:30
The decarbonisation of industrial processes will be key to achieving ambitious climate goals. A variety of sustainable strategies from resource efficiency to process technology innovation will be needed to support the clean transition of key energy-intensive sectors. This event will bring together experts from government, research and industry to discuss the role of industrial innovation and international collaboration in meeting climate objectives.
Presentations followed by a panel discussion
- Andrew Prag, Head of Environment and Climate Change Unit, IEA
- The materials and clean energy transition nexus - Araceli Fernandez, Senior Energy Technology Analyst, Energy Technology and Policy Division, IEA
- Materials forthe clean energy transition: innovation, the cornerstone of change
- The case of steel – Andrew Purvis, Director, Safety, Health and Environment, Worldsteel Association
- The case of cement – Fábio Cirilo, Ecoefficiency Consultant, Cimentos Votorantim
- The case of chemicals – Tara Nitz, Department of Energy, Climate Protection and Raw Materials, German Chemical Industry Association – VCI
Panel discussion topics
- What is holding back an accelerated clean energy transition in the industrial sector?
- Which mechanisms and initiatives could help overcome these challenges?
- What lessons can be learned from governments, industry and society about the effectiveness of existing approaches?
- How can the industrial sector support the clean energy transition in other sectors of the economy?
Concluding remarks by moderator
Related filesAgenda: Clean Transition in Industry Presentation: Steel and CO2, Andrew Purvis, World Steel Assoc. Presentation: Clean Transition in Industry, Araceli Fernandez, IEA Presentation: Cement, Fabio Cirilo, Votorantim Cimentos
< Back to calendar
May7May 07, 2019 10:00
PublicationPublication: Energy Policy Review Morocco 2019Rabat, Morocco
May15May 15, 2019 09:11
PublicationPublication: Oil Market ReportOnline
May15May 15, 2019 10:20