Accelerating clean energy transitions and mobilizing investment to implement Paris Agreement goals
Katowice, Poland (Room Wisla): 12 December 2018
This event will showcase how countries, in partnership with international organizations, financial institutions and private sector, are accelerating the clean energy transition. One important means is by shifting and scaling up investments towards clean energy technologies, including renewable energy, energy efficiency and smarter network infrastructure. The objective is to share advice and lessons learned to help planning for the clean energy transition, implement NDCs and mobilize the investment and finance required. International efforts with this focus include the IEA’s Clean Energy Transitions Programme, relevant World Energy Outlook analysis and the new Clean Energy Ministerial Investment and Finance Initiative (CEM-IF).
Introduction from the moderator, Andrew Prag, Head of Environment and Climate Change Unit, IEA)
High level remarks on the clean energy transition: Experience and lessons for national policy
- Dave Turk, Head of Strategic Initiatives Office, IEA
- Andres Hoffmann, Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy, Utilities and Climate, Denmark
Making the transition happen: Driving investment and finance into clean energy.
Effective policy drivers and targeted instruments that mobilise investment and finance to accelerate clean energy transitions – discussion among country-representatives and the finance community.
- Li Junfeng, Former Director General, National Centre for Climate Change Strategy and International Cooperation (NCSC), China
- Mafalda Duarte, Head of the Climate Investment Funds
- Dr. R R Rashmi, Distinguished Fellow, Centre for Global Environmental Research, Earth Science and Climate Change division, TERI, India
- Filippo Berardi, Senior Climate Change Specialist, Climate Change Focal Area Coordinator, Global Environment Facility (GEF)
- Ms Kanika Chawla, Senior Programme Lead, Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), India
- Mr. Ditlev Engel, Special Envoy for Climate and Energy, Ministry of Energy, Utilities and Climate, Denmark
- Anders Holst Nymark, Global Public Affairs Lead, Orsted
Related filesPresentation, Dave Turk Agenda
< Back to calendar
Feb21February 21, 2019 15:00
WebinarWebinar: Global ESCO market updates 2018Paris, France
Feb28February 28, 2019 10:00
WebinarIEA Energy Efficiency Market Report 2018 – The Implications for Southeast AsiaParis, France
Mar11March 11, 2019 14:58
PublicationPublication: Oil 2019Houston, United States