The 13th Energy Efficiency Policy in Emerging Economies Training Week aims to build capacity among policy makers from emerging economies and to equip them with greater knowledge and skills to develop and implement effective energy efficiency initiatives in their respective countries.
The Training Week consists of 5 parallel courses on energy efficiency policy in:
- appliances and equipment
- indicators and evaluation
Selected participants will attend one of the five courses depending on the area which best matches their role
Each course offers a mix of lectures, interactive discussions and practical exercises that allow participants to learn from international best practice and each other. The programme also includes joint sessions on the potential for energy efficiency in a sustainable energy system, valuing the social and economic benefits of energy efficiency and communication campaigns.
The training is aimed at energy efficiency professionals from government institutions and their supporting organisations who want to make energy efficiency potential a reality through designing and implementing effective policy .
Women with suitable profiles are strongly encouraged to apply. While policy makers are a priority, we also welcome participants from the private sector and academia depending on availability.
- There is no attendance fee for the training.
- All training courses are delivered in English and therefore proficiency in English is an essential requirement for all participants.
- Selected participants attending the full training receive a certificate of completion.
- Apply via the online application portal by 13 March 2020. Candidates will be informed whether or not their application has been successful via email.