First IEA regional technology study plots carbon-neutral Nordic energy system
Based on the scenarios and analysis of Energy Technology Perspectives 2012, the Nordic Energy Technology Perspectives assesses how the Nordic region can achieve a carbon-neutral energy system by 2050. The report from the project can be found here.
This study marks the first regional edition of the Energy Technology Perspectives series since its inception in 2006. For the first time, Nordic governments can compare their national climate goals with the contribution required of them in the 2°C world described in Energy Technology Perspectives 2012. The analysis evaluates the region from an external perspective and points to the important role of the Nordic energy system in facilitating the decarbonisation of Europe.
Nordic Energy Research is an intergovernmental organisation supporting and coordinating sustainable energy research in the Nordic region.
After the success with the visualisation of interactive data and figures to highlight potential scenarios for the ETP 2012, the IEA now releases a similar visualisation, focused on the Nordic region.
- Download the PDF of Nordic Energy Technology Perspectives
- Watch presentation: Nordic Energy Technology Perspectives Presentation
- Watch video: Markus Wrake launching NETP in Helsinki, 22 January 2013
- First IEA regional technology study plots carbon-neutral Nordic energy system - full article
- IEA and Nordic countries collaborate on paths to a carbon neutral energy - full article
- IEA and Nordic Nordic Data Visualisation
- Information from Nordic Energy Research (external link)
- Short Summary – Nordic Energy Technology Perspectives - At a glance
Residents in the Nordic countries who would like a free hard copy of the report can order it from Nordic Energy Research.