EBC and Joint Session GB meeting - 9-10 June 2015
The 13th meeting of the IEA Energy Business Council (EBC) was held on 9-10 June 2015 and gathered 36 high-level executives from the energy industry.
The first day of the meeting included the participation of IEA Senior Officials and industry executives. Participants also included: Mr Edmund Hosker, Chair of the IEA Governing Board; Mr David Turk, Deputy Assistant Secretary for International Climate and Technology, U.S. Department of Energy who presented the plan for the forthcoming IEA Ministerial meeting to be held under the Chairmanship of US Secretary Moniz; and Dr Catherine Mann, OECD Chief Economist and G20 Finance Deputy, who presented the latest Global Economic Outlook and implications of lower oil prices on economy. The event, chaired by Dr Fatih Birol, Chief Economist and Founder of the EBC, saw discussion on several key pressing energy issues, including the fall in oil prices and the implications on renewables and energy markets, as well as IEA’s report on clean energy progress.
The EBC convened again the following morning as a joint session with the IEA Governing Board. The meeting included IEA Secretariat’s under-embargo presentation of World Energy Outlook Special Report on Energy and Climate Change, key findings of IEA’s Energy Technology Perspectives 2015 as well as recent developments in oil, gas and renewables markets.
Participants of the IEA EBC meeting on 9-10 June 2015 included:
Alstom, BASF, BP, CEZ Group, Dow Chemical, EDF, Edison, Enel, Eni, E,On, Fortum, General Electric, HSBC, Iberdrola, Lafarge, Meridiam, Michelin, Mitsubishi, Morgan Stanley, Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal, OMV, Repsol, Royal Dutch Shell, RWE, Schlumberger, Siemens AG, State Grid of China, Statoil, TNB, Toshiba, Total, Toyota and Westinghouse
• OECD Economic Outlook - Dr. Catherine Mann, OECD Chief Economist
• IEA Report: Tracking Clean Energy Progress 2015 - Mr. Jean-François Gagné, IEA Head of Energy Technology Policy Division
• The Oil Price Fall and its Implications on Global Economy and Energy Markets - Dr. Fatih Birol, IEA Chief Economist
• The Impact of Lower Oil Prices on Renewables - Dr. Paolo Frankl, IEA, Head of Renewable Energy Division
• Energy Technology Perspectives 2015 - Mr. Philippe Benoit, Acting Director, Sustainable Energy Policy and Technology Directorate
• Oil Market Report - Mr. Antoine Halff, IEA Head of Oil Market Division
• Medium-Term Gas Market Report - Mr. Laszlo Varro, IEA Head of Gas, Coal and Power Markets Division
- EBC and Joint Session GB meeting - March 2017
- EBC meeting at Ministerial - November 2015
- EBC and Joint Session GB meeting - June 2015
- EBC and Joint Session GB meeting - December 2014
- IEA Energy Business Council - March 2014
- EBC meeting at Ministerial - November 2013
- EBC and Joint Session GB meeting - June 2013