EBC and Joint Session GB meeting - 2-3 December 2014
Meeting of the IEA Energy Business Council and Joint Session with the IEA Governing Board – 2-3 December 2014
The twelfth meeting of the IEA Energy Business Council (EBC) was held on 2 and 3 December 2014 with the participation of several high-level representative from the energy industry.
On the 2nd of December, participation to the meeting were limited to industry executives and IEA Senior Officials, with the participation of Mr Edmund Hosker, Chair of the IEA Governing Board, who welcomed all participants and delivered opening remarks. The meeting debated on a series of key pressing items, including:
- Recent Economic Developments and the Near-Term Economic Outlook by Mr Christian Kastrop, Director, Policy Studies Branch, Economics Department, OECD
- Outlook for Gas markets and Security by Mr. Keisuke Sadamori, IEA Director, Energy Markets and Security Directorate and Mr. Laszlo Varro, IEA Head of Gas, Coal & Power Markets Division
- World Energy Outlook Special Report – Africa Energy Outlook by Dr. Fatih Birol, IEA Chief Economist
- Energy Efficiency Market Report 2014 - by Mr. Didier Houssin, IEA Director, Sustainable Energy Policy and Technology Directorate
The event benefitted also of the special address from Ms Maria van der Hoeven, IEA Executive Director, which focussed on the IEA’s activities with key Partner Countries. The meeting was followed by an evening reception hosted by Ms. Maria van der Hoeven with the participation of IEA Governing Board members, Heads of Delegation from partner countries and EBC member
On the following day, 3rd December the EBC members took part in a joint session with the IEA Governing Board. The meeting included presentations from the IEA Secretariat on recent developments in oil, gas and renewables markets, followed by a presentation of the World Energy Outlook 2014, which has been released two weeks before the EBC meeting, on 12 November in London.
Participants of the IEA EBC meeting on 2-3 December 2014 included: Allianz, Alstom Power, Areva, BASF CEZ Group, Dow Chemical, EDF, Enel SpA, Eni, Fortum, General Electric, Iberdrola, ING Bank, Michelin, Mitsubishi, Morgan Stanley, OMV Peabody Energy, Repsol, Royal Dutch Shell, RWE AG, Schlumberger, Schneider Electric, Siemens AG, Statoil, Terna, Toshiba, Total, Trina Solar, Vattenfall, Westinghouse.
- EBC and Joint Session GB meeting - March 2017
- EBC meeting at Ministerial - November 2015
- EBC and Joint Session GB meeting - June 2015
- EBC and Joint Session GB meeting - December 2014
- IEA Energy Business Council - March 2014
- EBC meeting at Ministerial - November 2013
- EBC and Joint Session GB meeting - June 2013