As one of the main pillars of the EV30@30 Campaign, The Electric Vehicles Initiative (EVI) Global EV Pilot City Programme (EVI-PCP) aims to build a network of at least 100 cities over an initial period of 5 years, to work together on the promotion of electric mobility. Central pillars of the programme are to facilitate information exchange among cities and to encourage the replication of best practices, for example through webinars and workshops. Another important element is to use the network to build on experience gained by creating analytical outputs and reports to help cities and other stakeholders learn from earlier experiences of member cities.
EVI-PCP was officially launched at the 9th Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) meeting on 24 May 2018. EVI-PCP is coordinated jointly by the IEA and Shanghai International Automobile City (SIAC). Both entities constitute the EVI Global EV Pilot City Programme's Joint Secretariat.
By joining EVI-PCP, you will...
- Gain access to a global network of practitioners in major cities, leading or committed to leading, transport electrification programmes. You will get opportunities to share experiences, best practices and lessons learned.
- Interact with the representatives of national ministries and agencies responsible for EV policies at a country level, and learn how to better coordinate action between local and national levels.
- Showcase the leadership of EV pilot cities at high-profile events coordinated by the IEA, Clean Energy Ministerial, and partner organisations.
- Gain access to data and experiences and draw insights from in-depth global and country-specific analysis on EV deployment, via city-level reporting presented in publications such as the annual Global EV Outlook
- Benefit from and contribute to PCP Webinars (such as Electric Mobility in Chinese Cities), the Global EV Pilot City Forum and other activities of EVI-PCP (read more about the most recent Forum), by presenting your projects and achievements, participating in joint working sessions on topics such as charging, regulations, and interoperability, and sharing your vision with key policy makers.
For more information about joining EVI-PCP, please contact us
Explore Programmes and partnerships
- Clean Energy Transitions Programme
- Technology Collaboration Programme
- Energy Efficiency in Emerging Economies
- Electric Vehicles Initiative
- The IEA Mobility Model
- An Affordable and Sustainable Energy System for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Global Commission for Urgent Action on Energy Efficiency
- Clean Energy Ministerial
- Digital Demand-Driven Electricity Networks Initiative