IEA Workshop on Energy Management Systems and Digital Technologies for Industrial Energy Efficiency and Productivity
Venue: OECD (Boulogne), 46 Quai Le Gallo, 92100, Room BB1
Dates: 12 December 2017 - 13 December 2017
Organiser: International Energy Agency
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The IEA hosted a workshop in Paris on 12 and 13 December to examine the energy efficiency benefits arising from energy management systems, such as ISO 50001 and GB/T 23331, and digital technologies within the industry sector and what policies or measures can be deployed by government to incentivise their greater uptake and effectiveness.
The topics and questions to be explored during the workshop include:
- How effective are industrial energy management systems, such as ISO 50001?
- How can digitalization improve the effectiveness of industrial energy management?
- How can policy drive greater take up?
The target audiences for this workshop include:
- Policy makers, including those from countries involved in the IEA’s Energy Efficiency in Emerging Economies (E4) Programme (China, India, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico and South Africa)
- Industrial energy-users
- Technology providers who work with energy-users to implement energy management systems and digital technologies
- Researchers and analysts examining industrial energy efficiency
The workshop report, which captures the information provided and the outcomes of discussions, as well as the identification of opportunities for future work and collaboration is available here
12 December 2017, 9:30 - 12:30
The impact of Energy Management Systems in North America, Europe and developing economies:
12 December 2017, 13:30 - 17:30
Benefits of energy management and digital technologies within industry:
13 December 2017, 09:30 - 12:30