||IEA Energy Statistics
||4-8 March 2013
||IEA, Paris, France
||English (no interpretation available)
||The application deadline is 15 January 2013
||This course is open to both member and non-member countries
||This course is designed mainly for the needs of non-IEA member countries. Its objective is to provide them with the methods and tools to develop and maintain complete and accurate energy datasets and national energy balances.
Registration to this course is by an open application – subject to availability of places and the following selection criteria:
- Professional background: priority will be given to applicants working in energy statistics, general statistics, and energy analysis
- Sending institution: priority will be given to applicants from the national statistics authority, energy ministry, national energy agency, large energy sector companies
- Country of residence: priority will be given to non-IEA member countries, up to two participants per country; the IEA will accept more than two participants from the same country if there are available places
A good level of English language is required in order to benefit from the course.
To apply, please complete the APPLICATION FORM and send it back by e-mail to email@example.com together with a curriculum vitae (CV) / resume.
(In exceptional cases, applications by fax will be accepted. Send to: +33140576509)
The application deadline is 15 January 2013
|Fees, costs and financial assistance
||This course is FREE to attend.
Participants must cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
Cost guidance (in Euros):
Applicants need to consider the following guidance on costs (both if they are funding themselves or applying for financial assistance).
Guidance on financial assistancefor non-IEA member countries:
- Visa (for France): Euro 35 (may vary by issuing embassy)
- Return travel (by air): prices vary considerably by airline and season, but if booked early, economy return air fares can be found for as low as:
- North Africa/Eastern Europe: Euro 300
- Middle East/Caucasus/Central Asia/Central Africa: Euro 500
- Rest of Asia/Southern Africa/Central America: Euro 1,000
- South America/Oceania: Euro 2,000
- Accommodation in Paris: reasonable single rooms can be found for Euro100 (early reservation is required)
- Food: Euro30 – Euro40 per day
- Miscellaneous: an allowance needs to be made for any additional expenses such as public transport in Paris, telephone calls, emergency cash, etc.
Other financial assistance options may also be available – please do some research and make inquiries.
- IEA match funding – the IEA will cover the costs of a second participant from a non-IEA member country which is sending a fully-funded participant*. To apply, please complete Part D in the Application Form
- IEA Scholarship – for this course, 1 full scholarship will be awarded to a participant from a non-IEA member country. A discretional decision will be made by the IEA on the basis of financial need and some additional criteria. The scholarship will cover return travel to the IEA, accommodation in Paris and per diem allowance. You DO NOT need to apply to be considered for this scholarship.
- Sponsorship may be available from a regional development bank (RDB)**. You are advised to contact their office for training and capacity building or the Statistics office. The RDB’s country or regional branch could also provide information and assistance.
* when the funding for the first participant is not from an international donor
** RDBs include: African Development Bank (AfDB), Asian Development Bank (ADB), and Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
||For specific inquiries about this course contact: Alison.McLatchie@iea.org
|Course Programme (summary)