Energy Efficiency for Buildings
This course covers a wide-range of topics related to energy efficiency in buildings – from indicators and financing, to proven-practice policies for new buildings and those undergoing renovation. Through case studies, group work and team discussions, the participants explore barriers to scaling up energy efficiency and the policy and technology options for overcoming those barriers.
This course is aimed at professionals whose background or current/future job directly relates to energy efficiency in buildings.
Topics covered in the course:
- Good-practice energy efficiency policies for buildings
- Tracking progress with energy efficiency in buildings and assessing impacts
- Financial mechanisms for implementing energy efficiency in buildings
- Energy management, strategies and targets
- Building codes and policies to promote low-energy buildings
- Modelling and tools
- Site visit