Joint Database Terms and Conditions
Your access and/or use of the IEA/IRENA Global Renewable Energy Policies and Measures Database (“Joint Database”) constitutes your agreement to the terms and conditions set forth below (the “Joint Database Terms and Conditions”). For the avoidance of doubt, these Joint Database Terms and Conditions only apply to the Joint Database and not any other information or material on the IEA’s websites.
The Joint Database provided to you by the IEA and IRENA is subject to copyright by the OECD/IEA and IRENA. You are responsible for any breach of copyright that you may commit.
Portions of the Joint Database may contain material or information that is subject to the copyright of a third party. If you wish to reproduce any such material or information, you must obtain the necessary permission from the copyright owner.
The following forms of copying are permitted and do not require the prior written permission of the IEA in its capacity as the rights administrator of the Joint Database (“the Rights Administrator”)
- officials representing directorates, departments or ministries of IEA Member countries or IRENA Member and Signatory countries and employees of entities that supply data and/or information to either the IEA or IRENA which is incorporated in the Joint Database, may use material or information in the Joint Database for official or internal purposes and, in this respect, reproduce, distribute and/or store material or information from the Joint Database within their government (directorates /departments /ministries only) or internal organisation (as the case may be) on condition that they comply with the obligations set out in these Joint Database terms and conditions; and
- all users may reproduce insubstantial portions of material or information from the Joint Database on an occasional and infrequent basis.
Except with permission in writing from the Rights Administrator (click here to send a request), you:
- cannot modify, translate, alter, amend or disassemble any aspect or part of the Joint Database in any way;
- cannot alter, delete or conceal the copyright notices contained anywhere in the Joint Database; and
- unless expressly permitted under these Joint Database Terms and Conditions, cannot store any material contained in, or otherwise made available to you via, the Joint Database in a shared electronic archive or database.
If you have the right to reproduce certain portions of the Joint Database in accordance with these Joint Database Terms and Conditions, you must ensure that all such material or information is clearly attributed to the IEA and IRENA, and bears a notation that it is subject to copyright by the OECD/IEA and IRENA, with the year of the copyright (i.e., IEA/IRENA Global Renewable Energy Policies and Measures Database© OECD/IEA and IRENA, [year of publication]).
Provided these Joint Database Terms and Conditions are fully respected, you may include in your website hyperlinks to the Joint Database without having to seek specific permission. You shall not, however, use the emblem or acronym of the either OECD/IEA or IRENA or any of their intellectual property without prior written permission.
A link to the Joint Database or to the IEA or IRENA websites, or any of their web pages, may not be used for the promotion of any organisation, company or individual or any commercial products or services.
Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitations on Liability.
Neither the OECD/IEA nor IRENA or any of their respective employees, agents, third-party content providers, or licensors:
- warrant that access to and use of the Joint Database will be free from interruptions or free from errors, nor that any information accessible from the Joint Database or related to the data in the Joint Database is free of viruses, worms, or other harmful components;
- provide any warranty as to the content of the Joint Database or any results that may be obtained from your use of the Joint Database. The Joint Database is not intended to be, and should not be relied upon by you, in making (or refraining from making) any decisions. You should obtain appropriate independent advice before making any such decision;
- are responsible for the procurement, installation or maintenance of any equipment on which you access information or material from the Joint Database or for any communications connection by which information or material from the Joint Database is transmitted; and
- are responsible for any communication delays or interruptions to access to such information or material from the Joint Database.
The Joint Database is provided on an "as is" and “as available” basis without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including warranties of accuracy, availability, quality, completeness or fitness for a particular purpose or use and no warranties against infringement of the proprietary or other rights of third parties.
You further expressly acknowledge and agree that information, text, graphics, and hyperlinks provided to you through the Joint Database and located on other sites throughout the combined global electronic networks known as the Internet and the World-Wide-Web are provided solely as a resource and a convenience to you. Such hyperlinks to other sites are not an endorsement by OECD/IEA or IRENA of those sites. Neither OECD/IEA nor IRENA makes any warranty, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, or content of such information, text, graphics, and hyperlinks. Neither OECD/IEA nor IRENA has tested any software located on other sites and they make no representation as to the quality, safety, reliability or suitability of such software.
The designations employed and the presentation of materials herein do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the IEA Secretariat or the IRENA Secretariat concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. The term "country" also refers, as appropriate, to territories or areas. The content and any included maps are without prejudice to the status of or sovereignty over any territory, to the delimitation of international frontiers and boundaries and to the name of any territory, city or area. The mention of specific companies or certain products does not imply that they are endorsed or recommended by the IEA or IRENA in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
Information and or material contained in the Joint Database do not necessarily represent the views of individual IEA Member countries or IRENA Member or Signatory countries.
Some of the information and/or material contained in the Joint Database is provided by entities other than IEA Member countries or IRENA Member or Signatory countries.