The breadth and coverage of analytical expertise in the IEA Technology Collaboration Programmes (TCPs) are unique assets that underpin IEA efforts to support innovation for energy security, economic growth and environmental protection. The 39 TCPs operating today involve about 6 000 experts from government, industry and research organisations in more than 50 countries1.
CenterPoint Energy Smart Grid wins the ISGAN 2016 Award of Excellence
The 2016 ISGAN Award of Excellence, which focused on the theme of "Smart Grids for Reliable Electricity Service", was awarded to CenterPoint Energy Smart Grid from the United States. Two other projects were given an Honorable Mention: "ESS for Frequency Regulation of KEPCO", from Korea, and "Automated Impedance Fault Map Prediction for Smart Grid Systems", from the United States. More...
TCP on High-Temperature Superconductivity Annual Report
The Role of Smart Grids in Integrating Renewable Energy
Flexible, strong, and smart grids play a crucial role in the integration of variable renewable energy (RE). As high levels of variable RE penetration become increasingly common across power systems, attention to grid operations and planning become more important. This discussion paper from the ISGAN TCP explores the intersection of smart grid technology, policy, and regulation from a non-technical point of view, focusing on some specific questions relevant for decision makers. Download here.
High Temperature Superconductivity: A roadmap for the electric power sector
This report from the HTS TCP examines the state-of-the-art of the HTS industry and what steps it should take to realise widespread adoption of superconducting based devices. It outlines research and development challenges and needs in the short-, mid- and long-term that can be tracked using metrics. It is also intended to serve as a roadmap for managers in the power sector and their technical advisors, and to facilitate their efforts to guide and support future work towards commercial use of HTS-based technology. Download the Executive Summary.
ISGAN TCP Annual Report
This recently released Annual Report from the ISGAN TCP contains a summary of activities and outcomes for its seven project annexes, and a variety of other activities that took place from March 2014 - February 2015. Download from the ISGAN TCP website here.
DSM Spotlight newsletter
- Open Energy Technology Bulletin
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July
- Mission Innovation, a global partnership that seeks to accelerate clean energy innovation
- Lower oil prices are driving down investment and energy efficiency as Middle East producers gain market share, IEA says
1. Information or material of the IEA Technology Collaboration Programmes, or IEA TCPs (formally organised under the auspices of an Implementing Agreement), including information or material published on this website, does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the IEA Secretariat or of the IEA’s individual Member countries. The IEA does not make any representation or warranty (express or implied) in respect of such information (including as to its completeness, accuracy or non-infringement) and shall not be held liable for any use of, or reliance on, such information.