World Energy Outlook 2015
Big questions abound in global energy in 2015:
- Could oil prices stay lower for longer? What would it take for this to happen and what would it mean for energy security and for the energy transition?
- India is set for a period of rapid, sustained growth in energy demand: how could this re-shape the energy scene?
- What do new climate pledges mean for the way that the world meets its rising needs for energy?
- What are the implications of the rising coverage of energy efficiency policies and the growing competitiveness of renewables?
- Is the unconventional gas revolution going to go global, or to remain a North American phenomenon?
These issues – and many more – are discussed here, with a special focus on India accompanying the customary, in-depth WEO analysis of the prospects for all fossil fuels, renewables, the power sector and energy efficiency around the world to 2040.