|Policy status:||In Force|
Updated January 2015
|Policy Type:||Regulatory Instruments>Codes and standards|
|Policy Target:||Buildings>Residential, Buildings, Buildings>Non-Residential|
|Agency:||Swiss Federal Office of Energy (SFOE)|
Switzerland revised the energy efficiency standards in 2008 to limit the heat demand in new buildings to 60 kWh per m2 and to 90 kWh per m2 for buildings to be refurbished. Both limits are about 30% stricter than previous ones. This limit mainly impacts thermal insulation. For new buildings, a maximum 80% of total heat demand may be covered from non-renewable energy sources so that the heat demand will not exceed 48 kWh per m2. The remaining 20% must be renewable energy or compensated with more energy efficiency, for example with more insulation.
Last modified: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 11:30:24 CET