Country:Netherlands
Year:2005
Policy status:Superseded
Date Effective:2005
Policy Type:Policy Support, Regulatory Instruments, Economic Instruments>Market-based instruments
Policy Target:
Agency:Ministry of Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment
URL:http://international.vrom.nl/docs/internationaal/On%20the%20way%20to%20Kyoto.pdf
Description:

Without yet approving the EU Linking Directive, the Dutch government has sanctioned the purchase of emissions rights from outside Europe: from 2005 for those credits procured from developing nations, and from 2008 for purchases made in non-European industrialised nations. As of 2008, firms can use these credits to offset not more than 8% of their own emissions. To cover the remaining 92%, firms must then buy emissions rights within Europe or reduce emissions internally.

Last modified: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 13:46:34 CEST