|Policy status:||In Force|
|Policy Type:||Regulatory Instruments>Auditing, Regulatory Instruments>Codes and standards>Building codes and standards, Economic Instruments>Fiscal/financial incentives>Tax relief|
|Policy Target:||Buildings>Existing buildings, Buildings>New buildings, Buildings>Energy Class>Other, Buildings>Energy Class>Net Zero Energy|
|Agency:||Ministry for Economic Development|
|Legal References:||Law of 3 August 2013, n. 90|
"The aims of the Decree Law are:
• encourage improvements in the energy performance of buildings ;
• encourage the development , enhancement and integration of renewable energy sources in buildings;
• to support energy diversification;
• promote the competitiveness of the domestic industry through technological development ;
• achieve the national targets for energy and the environment;
• extend and enhance the system of tax deductions for the redevelopment of Buildings ( Eco- bonus) and building renovations .
With the approval of Decree-Law is scheduled for an extension and a strong enhancement of the existing system of tax deductions for measures to improve energy efficiency of buildings ( deduction to expire June 30, 2013 ) , from 55 % to 65 % (divided into 10 equal yearly amount) , until 31 December 2013 or until 30 June 2014 (for the changes relating to the common areas of apartment buildings or all of the estate of the individual condominium units ).
• a methodology for the calculation of the energy performance of buildings is adopted, taking into account , among other things, the thermal characteristics of the building and of air-conditioning and hot water supply ;
• Minimum energy efficiency requirements are laid down as to achieve levels of optimal cost . The requirements to be applied to new buildings and those undergoing major renovation or upgrading the energy efficiency, are reviewed every 5 years;
• A definition of "" nearly zero energy buildings "" is provided and a strategy for their growth through the implementation of a national plan , to be determined by 30.06.2014 , is drawn up. It includes intermediate targets for improving the energy performance of new buildings by 2015, information on the policies and financial measures or other measures taken to promote the improvement of the energy performance of buildings.
Finally, Article. 6 of the Decree-Law 19th August 2005, no. 192 was substituted: the energy performance certificates have now been replaced with the Energy Performance Certificate (EPA) issued for:
buildings or units which are constructed, sold or rented to a new tenant;
buildings used by public administrations and open to the public with a total floor area greater than 500 m2 ( EPA to be issued within one hundred twenty days from the date of the entry into force of the DL and to be posted at the entrance of the building or in another prominent place clearly visible to the public) – from the 9th July 2015, the threshold is lowered from 500 m2 to 250 m2;
new buildings and those undergoing major renovation."
|25 Energy Efficiency Recommendations Applied:||Buildings, Net-zero energy consumption in buildings, Buildings, Improved energy efficiency in existing buildings, Buildings, Building energy labels or certificates|
Last modified: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 13:38:20 CET