Country:Brazil
Year:2013 (May 3rd)
Policy status:In Force
Jurisdiction:National
Date Effective:2013 (May 3rd)
Policy Type:Information and Education>Information provision, Economic Instruments>Fiscal/financial incentives>Grants and subsidies, Economic Instruments>Fiscal/financial incentives>Loans
Policy Target:Multiple RE Sources>All
Policy Sector:Framework Policy
Size of Plant Targeted:Small and Large
Agency:National Development Bank - Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Economico e Social (BNDES); Brazilian Innovation Agency - Financiadora de Estudos e Projetos (FINEP); National Agency for Electricity - Agencia Nacional de Energia Eletrica (ANEEL)
URL:http://www.bndes.gov.br/SiteBNDES/bndes/bndes_pt/Areas_de_Atuacao/Inovacao/inovaenergia.html
Funding:BNDES, FINEP and ANEEL providing cumulative amount of BRL 3 billions
Description:

The goal of the Brazil Inova Energia Program is to boost cooperation and knowledge sharing between companies and technology institutes in fields of smart grids, renewable energy, hybrid and energy efficient vehicles. Inova provides support in form of grants and soft loans.

Program is financed by National Development Bank - Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Economico e Social (BNDES); Brazilian Innovation Agency - Financiadora de Estudos e Projetos (FINEP); National Agency for Electricity - Agencia Nacional de Energia Eletrica (ANEEL).

Credit line from Inova can cover up to 90% of accepted project costs. Remaining 10% of the costs must be financed by the company.

In 2013 Inova was open for receiving application from private parties. In February 2014 selection process was completed selecting 57 companies for the support in all three focus areas of Inova.

Last modified: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:26:19 CEST