|Policy status:||In Force|
|Policy Type:||Voluntary Approaches, Economic Instruments>Fiscal/financial incentives>Grants and subsidies|
|Policy Target:||Transport>Passenger, Transport|
|Agency:||Flanders: Department of Mobility (Departement Mobiliteit en Openbare Werken)and Brussels Capital Region: Mobility department of Bruxelles Environnement (Brussels Capital Region Ministry of Environment)|
|Legal References:||Decision of the Flemish government of 24 November 2006 regarding the commuterfund and COBRACE du 02/05/2013 – Titre 3 ; Chapitre 1 (page 20 à 29) Arrêté du Gouvernement de la Région de Bruxelles-Capitale relatif aux plans de déplacements d'entreprises (M.B. 09/05/2011)|
In Wallonia the introduction of transport planning in industry and administration is being prepared.
In 1992 the Flemish Region started an action programme to promote Company Transportation/ Commuter plans. These plans mainly consist of bus services and carpooling, on the level of the individual company or several neighbouring enterprises. Mainly large companies situated in urban areas participated in this programme on a voluntary basis (about 20 companies during the period 1994-99) and received financial support from the Flemish Region. The Flemish government has created a "commuterfund". Companies and non-profit organisations which develop a mobility action plan in order to support a significant modal shift among their employees can get 50% funding of these initiatives from the "commuterfund" during the first 4 years. In each Flemish province a mobility desk was created, where companies can get assistance and advice on the development of their commuter plans. In addition, companies pay back at least 56-64.9% of the cost of a public transport season ticket to their employees. If the company decides to pay back 80% of the ticket price, the authorities pay back the remaining 20%.
In 1998, the Brussels-Capital government approved an ordinance concerning the assessment and improvement of air quality. The ordinance contains the following measures in the field of transport and mobility: each private or public body with more than 200 employees per site has to introduce transport planning; for events assembling over 3 000 participants an action plan to promote the use of public transport and of energy efficient and environmentally friendly means of transport must be instigated; regional public bodies and institutes with a car fleet of over 50 vehicles: within five years after the entry into force of the ordinance 20% of these vehicles have to use environmentally friendly technologies. For public transport companies under the authority of Brussels-Capital and with at least 50 vehicles, 5% of the fleet must be environmentally friendly vehicles within a period of five years. Other actions within Brussels-Capital are initiatives to limit access to the city centres, instruments for and study on transport management.
Last modified: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 15:45:00 CEST