Oil Market Report Terms and Conditions
The Oil Market Report (OMR) is published once a month. Other oil market information (for example, the Medium-Term Oil Market Report, the Annual Statistical Supplementand other information relating to the Oil Market Report that a user may access via the International Energy Agency’s [IEA] OMR website) is published less frequently. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the Oil Market Report and such other oil market analyses, supplements and other information are referred to as the ‘OMR Material’.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions ‘Subscriber’ means the individual or organisation that has purchased a subscription from the IEA and the term ‘User’ means any individual user who accesses any OMR Material.
Initially, OMR Material is only available to the users designated by a Subscriber, certain members of IEA Member country governments and other IEA-authorised recipients (‘Authorised Users’). This is known as the ‘Subscriber Edition’. In some cases a person will be a Subscriber, User and an Authorised User.
The restrictions that apply to the use of the Subscriber Edition are set out in Section C below. Many of these restrictions are lifted when OMR Material is made available free on the IEA OMR public website. It is then known as the ‘Free Edition’. The restrictions which apply to the use of the Free Edition are set out in Section B below. Some information in the Subscriber Edition may be excluded from the Free Edition. The period between release of the Subscriber Edition and publication of the Free Edition may vary.
A. General terms and conditions of use for all Users (Subscriber Edition and Free Edition)
- Use of the Free Edition (OMR Material available free on the IEA OMR public website) constitutes an agreement between the IEA and the User as well as the User’s acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- Use of the Subscriber Edition OMR Material constitutes an agreement between the IEA and the Subscriber as well as the Subscriber’s and each User’s acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- The Terms and Conditions listed here are the only Terms and Conditions of use that relate to the OMR Material. Therefore, the IEA’s general terms and conditions for other IEA publications or website materials do not apply.
- The User is responsible for any breach of copyright committed by the User accessing the OMR Material.
- Portions of the OMR Material may contain material copyrighted by a third party. If the User wishes to reproduce any such material, it must obtain the necessary permission from the copyright owner.
- Copying, reproduction, modification, translation, alteration, amendment or disassembly work of OMR Material is not permitted without the prior written consent of the IEA, except as set out below (see articles 9 & 14), and subject to articles 7 & 8. (Click here to send a request)
- Notwithstanding any use permitted elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, without prior written permission from the IEA, Subscribers/Users:
- cannot sell, barter or otherwise profit financially from the distribution of, or provision of access to, copies of the OMR Material, or part thereof where such part represents more than 15% of any single edition of OMR Material;
cannot store any OMR Material in a shared electronic archive or database; and
- cannot use OMR Material to compile historical (i.e., involving data from more than one OMR Material
publication) compilations or analyses other than for internal use.
- If the User/the Subscriber has the right to reproduce certain portions
of the OMR Material
in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of use, the User/Subscriber
must ensure that the relevant material is correctly attributed to the IEA,
the title and
date of the publication and includes a notation that the OMR Material
is copyrighted by the OECD/IEA
(i.e., © OECD/IEA, Oil Market Report [date
B. Additional terms and conditions of use for the Free Edition (for OMR Material available free on the IEA OMR public website)
- Exceptions to the prohibition on copying/reproduction in article 6: Subject
to articles 5, 7 and 8, above, Users can reproduce
the following from the Free Edition OMR Material without the prior written permission of the IEA:
- any and all tables, graphs and figures (excluding Table 13 to which article 5 applies), provided:
i. that such tables are reproduced in their entirety without alteration; and
ii. that no more than 3 tables are published at one time in any publication or website;
up to 15% of the text of a report (not including data, graphs and figures etc); and
- (once the Subscriber Edition becomes the Free Edition) material reproduced in accordance with article 14.
A User may make the link to the IEA OMR public website on the User’s intranet or website.
terms and conditions of use for the Subscriber Edition (i.e., any OMR Material
that is not available on the IEA OMR public website)
For the purposes of this section C of the Terms and Conditions, the term 'Organisation' does not extend
to affiliates, subsidiaries, or sister or parent companies.
Single-user and multi-user licenses are available for the Subscriber Edition OMR Material.
- Authorised Users (users designated by a Subscriber, certain members of IEA Member country governments and other IEA-authorised recipients) of the Subscriber Edition OMR Material are never permitted, under any circumstances, to distribute copies of, or password(s) for, the Subscriber Edition OMR Material outside their organisation, including to clients, consultants or other third parties.
Once the Subscriber Edition is posted on the IEA OMR public website it becomes the Free Edition and the Terms and Conditions of use for the Free Edition apply.
- Exceptions to the prohibition on copying/reproduction in article 6: Subject to articles 5, 7 and 8, above, Authorised Users can reproduce the following from the Subscriber Edition OMR Material without the prior written permission of the IEA:
- data from Table 1 (‘World Oil Supply and Demand’) in the rows entitled Total OECD Demand, Total Non-OECD Demand, Total World Demand, Total Non-OPEC Supply, Total OPEC Supply, Total Supply, Total Stock Changes and Miscellaneous, Miscellaneous to Balance, Call on OPEC Crude and Stock Changes;
- up to 15% of the data points from any of the Tables 2 to 15 (excluding
Table 13 to which article 5 applies) of a report and any of the tables appearing in the body of a report for the purpose of preparing a comparative study; and
- all or part of the OMR ‘Highlights’ section and the OMR ‘Overview’ section, as well as any of the illustrations i.e., graphs or figures (for the avoidance of doubt, this does not include tables or their data content) appearing in OMR Material, provided such illustrations are reproduced in their entirety and without alteration.
- Single-user license:
A single-user license may be held by an individual or an organisation. It permits the following use of the OMR Material, without the IEA’s prior written consent:
a) Paper copy: A single-user subscription allows the Authorised User to:
- circulate the original paper issue or one print-out of the PDF
version of the OMR Material within his/her organisation; and
- store the original paper issue of the OMR Material and use it for consultation purposes (i.e. in his/her organisation's library).
b) Electronic copy: The Registered User only may access the OMR Material online, if available, via the password-protected IEA OMR website by using the password provided to the Subscriber by the IEA. The PDF version cannot be published on the intranet or circulated or redistributed electronically inside or outside the Authorised User’s Organisation.
An organisation with a multi-user license may designate a certain number of individuals within its organisation as Authorised Users (in accordance with the licence obtained from the IEA). For example, if a Subscriber purchases a multi-user licence for 2-5 Users, the Subscriber can designate up to 5 individuals within the Subscriber’s organisation as Authorised Users. It permits the following use of the OMR Material, without the IEA’s prior written permission:
a) Paper copy: A multi-user subscription allows the Authorised User to:
make copies and circulate the paper issue or print-outs of the OMR Material within his/her organisation. Except as provided below, the number of copies is limited to the number of Authorised Users;
if the licence arises from a subscription purchased for more than 10 Users, the Subscriber may make as many copies as desired for internal use only within the Subscriber’s organisation.
b) Electronic copy: A multi-user license allows the Authorised User to
- receive from the IEA, password(s) for use by Authorised Users only for access to the OMR Material online via the password-protected IEA OMR website;
if the licence arises from a subscription purchased for more than 10 Users, the Subscriber may make available the current PDF version only on the Subscriber’s intranet and/or make the link to the IEA OMR website available to employees on the Subscriber’s intranet.
Notwithstanding the above, the Subscriber/User is not permitted
to make the OMR
Material available to clients, consultants or to any other third parties, not even via the Subscriber’s intranet.
(Click here to send a request)