In memoriam: Abeeku Brew-Hammond
7 April 2013
It is with great sadness that we have learned that our dear friend Professor Abeeku Brew-Hammond passed away on March 25, 2013. Abeeku led the fight against energy poverty in his home country of Ghana, in Africa and around the world. He was the Chairman of Ghana’s National Energy Commission, Professor at Kwame University of Science in Ghana and a member of the UN Secretary-General’s High-Level Task Force on Sustainable Energy for All. He was also a fervent supporter and generous contributor to the World Energy Outlook’s analysis on energy poverty and chaired several WEO energy access workshops at the IEA. For all that knew him, his enthusiasm was unquenchable, his smile irrepressible and his friendship irreplaceable. We miss him dearly.
- Launch of India Energy Outlook helps advance IEA-India co-operation
- IEA brings four key messages to COP21 climate negotiations
- The state of buildings’ energy performance, and what needs to be done
- IEA Executive Director meets with Norwegian Prime Minister
- Chinese NEA administrator and IEA head meet in Paris