World Wildlife Fund’s New Energy Report Emphasises Role of Renewables
The IEA welcomes the World Wildlife Fund’s (WWF) report as a valuable contribution to the energy debate. While the IEA believes a broader mix of energy technologies – including nuclear energy and carbon capture and storage -- will be required to meet future challenges, we share the view that renewable energy must play a key role in a clean energy future.
4 February 2011
The WWF Energy Report has the merit of underlining the major technological choices and policy framework features which will be needed to meet any ambitious renewable energy targets in the future, along with the key challenges and barriers that will need to be addressed.
- Launch of India Energy Outlook helps advance IEA-India co-operation
- IEA brings four key messages to COP21 climate negotiations
- The state of buildings’ energy performance, and what needs to be done
- IEA Executive Director meets with Norwegian Prime Minister
- Chinese NEA administrator and IEA head meet in Paris