IEA Clean Energy Technologies Symposium
Rolling out energy technology policy in Asia
3 November 2010
The IEA Clean Energy Technologies Symposium, co-hosted by the IEA and the Energy Market Authority of Singapore, was held on 2-3 November as one of the main events in the Singapore International Energy Week 2010.
The symposium is the first time that the IEA has brought its energy technology experts to the region to present a comprehensive suite of analyses and policy recommendations including the Energy Technology Perspectives 2010, a portfolio of Technology Roadmaps, Policy Pathways for Energy Efficiency, and its multilateral technology initiatives.
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka, together with Chief Executive Officer Lawrence Wong of the Energy Market Authority of Singapore, opened the symposium. Before the symposium Mr. Tanaka said, "The countries of Southeast Asia are set to play an increasingly important role in global energy markets in the decades ahead. [...] With the right government policies, we can act now to grow these long-awaited green shoots. We can make a secure, cleaner energy future a reality through our actions."
The symposium was also the first regional rollout of the IEA International Low-Carbon Energy Technology Platform, and IEA-ASEAN discussions are underway into potential collaboration.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Renewable energy continuing to increase market share
- Transport, industry and flexibility are the greatest challenges in achieving a carbon-neutral Nordic energy system
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July