IEA at fifth European Nuclear Energy Forum in Bratislava
25 May 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka made his first visit to the Slovak Republic to attend the fifth European Nuclear Energy Forum and to meet with Lubomir Jahnátek, Slovak Minister for Economy.
Mr. Tanaka's intervention outlined the role of nuclear in decarbonising the electricity sector, highlighted the potential risks related to lower shares of nuclear in the European electricity market, and looked at the competitiveness of nuclear with respect to other sources of electricity.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Technology Collaboration Programmes: Highlights and outcomes
- Vehicle fuel economy report identifies regulations and tax policy priority pathways to reducing consumption
- IEA Executive Director calls for new push on energy efficiency
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for May
- Encouraging consumers to make more efficient transport choices