IEA at 5th European Nuclear Energy Forum in Bratislava
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka made his first visit to the Slovak Republic to attend the 5th European Nuclear Energy Forum and to meet with Lubomir Jahnátek, Slovak Minister for Economy.
25 May 2010
Mr. Tanaka's intervention outlined the role of nuclear in decarbonising the electricity sector, highlighted the potential risks related to lower shares of nuclear in the European electricity market and looked at the competitiveness of nuclear with respect to other sources of electricity.
- Launch of India Energy Outlook helps advance IEA-India co-operation
- IEA brings four key messages to COP21 climate negotiations
- The state of buildings’ energy performance, and what needs to be done
- IEA Executive Director meets with Norwegian Prime Minister
- Chinese NEA administrator and IEA head meet in Paris