IEA at fifth European Nuclear Energy Forum in Bratislava
25 May 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka made his first visit to the Slovak Republic to attend the fifth European Nuclear Energy Forum and to meet with Lubomir Jahnátek, Slovak Minister for Economy.
Mr. Tanaka's intervention outlined the role of nuclear in decarbonising the electricity sector, highlighted the potential risks related to lower shares of nuclear in the European electricity market, and looked at the competitiveness of nuclear with respect to other sources of electricity.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Renewable energy continuing to increase market share
- Transport, industry and flexibility are the greatest challenges in achieving a carbon-neutral Nordic energy system
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July