IEA at fifth European Nuclear Energy Forum in Bratislava
25 May 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka made his first visit to the Slovak Republic to attend the fifth European Nuclear Energy Forum and to meet with Lubomir Jahnátek, Slovak Minister for Economy.
Mr. Tanaka's intervention outlined the role of nuclear in decarbonising the electricity sector, highlighted the potential risks related to lower shares of nuclear in the European electricity market, and looked at the competitiveness of nuclear with respect to other sources of electricity.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address to G7 Energy Ministerial
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips