IEA at 5th European Nuclear Energy Forum in Bratislava
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka made his first visit to the Slovak Republic to attend the 5th European Nuclear Energy Forum and to meet with Lubomir Jahnátek, Slovak Minister for Economy.
25 May 2010
Mr. Tanaka's intervention outlined the role of nuclear in decarbonising the electricity sector, highlighted the potential risks related to lower shares of nuclear in the European electricity market and looked at the competitiveness of nuclear with respect to other sources of electricity.
- Energy Efficiency Market Report 2015 highlights cuts in greenhouse gases from investments in energy efficiency
- IEA Deputy Executive Director explores enhancement of ties with Brazil
- IEA Executive Director and Mexican Secretary of Energy open a new chapter in IEA-Mexico co-operation
- IEA Executive Director and OPEC Secretary-General hold talks
- IEA chief receives support in Brussels for modernisation push