IEA at fifth European Nuclear Energy Forum in Bratislava
25 May 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka made his first visit to the Slovak Republic to attend the fifth European Nuclear Energy Forum and to meet with Lubomir Jahnátek, Slovak Minister for Economy.
Mr. Tanaka's intervention outlined the role of nuclear in decarbonising the electricity sector, highlighted the potential risks related to lower shares of nuclear in the European electricity market, and looked at the competitiveness of nuclear with respect to other sources of electricity.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address at World Nuclear Exhibition
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for June
- IEA brings together energy efficiency experts from across the globe
- Policy support and technology progress helps electric cars worldwide surge past the 1 million milestone
- Measuring the value of next-generation wind and solar power