Gas-to-Liquids Development in Qatar
While in Doha for the Ninth Arab Energy Conference in Doha, IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka took the opportunity to visit the Pearl Gas-to-Liquids plant under construction by Shell and Qatar Petroleum at Ras Laffan.
9 May 2010
This is by some way the largest GTL project ever put together – at a cost of some $19 bn. When it comes on stream next year it should process 1.6 bn cubic feet per day of gas and produce 120,000 b/d of NGLs/ethane alongside the 140,000 b/d of GTL products. Here is Mr Tanaka on site flanked by Andy Brown, Executive VP Shell Qatar on the right, and Christopher Segar (GED/DEMA) on the left.
- The state of buildings’ energy performance, and what needs to be done
- IEA Executive Director meets with Norwegian Prime Minister
- How climate talks can enable a low-carbon energy sector – plus aid economic growth and energy access
- Chinese NEA administrator and IEA head meet in Paris
- Executive Director meets with Australian Prime Minister