Role of nuclear power in sustainable energy mix
8 March 2010
EA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka gave a presentation at the International Conference on Civil Nuclear Energy, hosted by the French government, together with the OECD Nuclear Energy Agency.
After opening remarks by French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who mentioned the IEA forecasts, and others, Mr. Tanaka took part in a roundtable on the role of nuclear power in ensuring a sustainable energy mix.
Photo, from left: Pierre-Franck Chevet, Director-General for Energy and Climate Change, French Ministry of Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development and the Sea (France); Mr. Tanaka; Srikumar Banerjee, Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission (India); Christian Paradis, Minister for Natural Resources (Canada); Fulvio Conti, CEO and Director-General, ENEL.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address to G7 Energy Ministerial
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips