Role of Nuclear Power in Sustainable Energy Mix
EA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka gave a presentation at the International Conference on Civil Nuclear Energy, hosted by the French government, together with the OECD Nuclear Energy Agency.
8 March 2010
After opening remarks by President Sarkozy, who mentioned the IEAs forecasts, and others, Mr. Tanaka took part in a roundtable on the role of nuclear power in ensuring a sustainable energy mix. From left: Pierre-Franck Chevet, Director-General for Energy and Climate Change, French Ministry of Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development and the Sea (France); Nobuo Tanaka, Executive Director, International Energy Agency; Srikumar Banerjee, Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission (India); Christian Paradis, Minister for Natural Resources (Canada); Fulvio Conti, CEO and Director-General, ENEL.
- Energy Efficiency Market Report 2015 highlights cuts in greenhouse gases from investments in energy efficiency
- IEA Deputy Executive Director explores enhancement of ties with Brazil
- IEA Executive Director and Mexican Secretary of Energy open a new chapter in IEA-Mexico co-operation
- IEA Executive Director and OPEC Secretary-General hold talks
- IEA chief receives support in Brussels for modernisation push