Role of nuclear power in sustainable energy mix
8 March 2010
EA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka gave a presentation at the International Conference on Civil Nuclear Energy, hosted by the French government, together with the OECD Nuclear Energy Agency.
After opening remarks by French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who mentioned the IEA forecasts, and others, Mr. Tanaka took part in a roundtable on the role of nuclear power in ensuring a sustainable energy mix.
Photo, from left: Pierre-Franck Chevet, Director-General for Energy and Climate Change, French Ministry of Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development and the Sea (France); Mr. Tanaka; Srikumar Banerjee, Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission (India); Christian Paradis, Minister for Natural Resources (Canada); Fulvio Conti, CEO and Director-General, ENEL.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Renewables are often only as useful as the grid they feed
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for August
- IEA data shows global energy production and consumption continue to rise
- Renewable energy continuing to increase market share
- Transport, industry and flexibility are the greatest challenges in achieving a carbon-neutral Nordic energy system