Developing IEA ties with Nigerian Delta
5 March 2010
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones welcomed the Governor of Delta State in Nigeria, Dr. Emmanuel Ewetan Uduaghan (second from left in photo), and his delegation to the IEA. They had a very fruitful discussion about developing collaboration between the IEA and Delta State.
Ambassador Jones suggested that the IEA could offer training for statisticians from Delta State as a first step to closer co-operation. Others in the photo include Christophe Nuttall (UNDP, second from right) and Stefanie Held (IEA, far right).
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Renewable energy continuing to increase market share
- Transport, industry and flexibility are the greatest challenges in achieving a carbon-neutral Nordic energy system
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July