Developing IEA ties with Nigerian Delta
5 March 2010
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones welcomed the Governor of Delta State in Nigeria, Dr. Emmanuel Ewetan Uduaghan (second from left in photo), and his delegation to the IEA. They had a very fruitful discussion about developing collaboration between the IEA and Delta State.
Ambassador Jones suggested that the IEA could offer training for statisticians from Delta State as a first step to closer co-operation. Others in the photo include Christophe Nuttall (UNDP, second from right) and Stefanie Held (IEA, far right).
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address to G7 Energy Ministerial
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips