Renewable Energy Forum in Yokohama
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka attended the Forum in Yokohama, Japan on Renewable Energy organized jointly by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry and the New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), which is a leading organisation facilitating R&D and technology cooperation in the renewable energy field.
29 June 2010
Mr. Tanaka, in his key note speech (in Japanese), stated that tackling climate change| and enhancing energy security requires a massive decarbonisation of the energy system towards 2050, and renewable energy plays a key role. Mr. Tanaka met the new Prime Minister Naoto KAN, and exchanged views on the global energy security and sustainability. Mr. Kan expressed continued support of the IEA by the government of Japan.
- IEA Deputy Executive Director explores enhancement of ties with Brazil
- IEA Executive Director and Mexican Secretary of Energy open a new chapter in IEA-Mexico co-operation
- IEA Executive Director and OPEC Secretary-General hold talks
- IEA chief receives support in Brussels for modernisation push
- Showcasing the IEA’s hidden gems