Renewable Energy Forum in Yokohama
29 June 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka attended the Renewable Energy Forum in Yokohama, Japan, organised jointly by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry and the New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), which is a leading organisation facilitating R&D and technology co-operation in the renewable energy field.
In his key note speech, Mr. Tanaka stated that tackling climate change and enhancing energy security require a massive decarbonisation of the energy system towards 2050, and renewable energy plays a key role.
Mr. Tanaka met with the new Prime Minister, Naoto Kan, and exchanged views on the global energy security and sustainability. Mr. Kan expressed continued support of the IEA by the government of Japan.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address at G20 Energy Ministerial
- IEA Executive Director travels to Beijing for G20 Energy Ministerial
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address at World Nuclear Exhibition
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for June
- IEA brings together energy efficiency experts from across the globe