Renewables in Southeast Asian Countries: Trends and Potentials
What are the best approaches for Southeast Asian countries to exploit their large renewable energy potentials? Focusing on Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam, this report investigates the potentials and barriers for scaling up market penetration of renewable energy technologies in the countries’ electricity, heating and transport sectors.
21 June 2010
In addition to analysing the implications of effective policies on renewable energy market growth, it examines how to overcome economic and non-economic barriers that slow investment in renewable energy, and offers policy recommendations to encourage effective and efficient exploitation of renewable energy in Southeast Asia. See report...
- IEA Deputy Executive Director explores enhancement of ties with Brazil
- IEA Executive Director and Mexican Secretary of Energy open a new chapter in IEA-Mexico co-operation
- IEA Executive Director and OPEC Secretary-General hold talks
- IEA chief receives support in Brussels for modernisation push
- Showcasing the IEA’s hidden gems