IEA attends Inauguration of the Global Green Growth Institute in Seoul
16 June 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka attended the East Asia Climate Forum 2010 and the launching ceremony of the Global Green Growth Institute in Seoul.
The Forum was opened by Mr. Lee Myung-bak, President of the Republic of Korea (pictured on right with Mr. Tanaka). During his discussion with the President, Mr. Tanaka commended Korea for its strong initiative in Green Growth and stressed that addressing energy security was vital to meet today's global energy challenges.
In his keynote speech, Mr. Tanaka stressed that we may be witnessing a historic transition and the beginning of an energy technology revolution. He also stated that tackling climate change and enhancing energy security required a massive decarbonisation of the energy system. The IEA is ready to support this transition and to date has released seven energy technology roadmaps, with others currently underway.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Vehicle fuel economy report identifies regulations and tax policy priority pathways to reducing consumption
- IEA Executive Director calls for new push on energy efficiency
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for May
- Encouraging consumers to make more efficient transport choices
- OECD energy production hits record high, but consumption and CO2 emissions fall