IEA attends Inauguration of the Global Green Growth Institute in Seoul
16 June 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka attended the East Asia Climate Forum 2010 and the launching ceremony of the Global Green Growth Institute in Seoul.
The Forum was opened by Mr. Lee Myung-bak, President of the Republic of Korea (pictured on right with Mr. Tanaka). During his discussion with the President, Mr. Tanaka commended Korea for its strong initiative in Green Growth and stressed that addressing energy security was vital to meet today's global energy challenges.
In his keynote speech, Mr. Tanaka stressed that we may be witnessing a historic transition and the beginning of an energy technology revolution. He also stated that tackling climate change and enhancing energy security required a massive decarbonisation of the energy system. The IEA is ready to support this transition and to date has released seven energy technology roadmaps, with others currently underway.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July
- Mission Innovation, a global partnership that seeks to accelerate clean energy innovation
- Lower oil prices are driving down investment and energy efficiency as Middle East producers gain market share, IEA says