IEA attends Inauguration of the Global Green Growth Institute in Seoul
16 June 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka attended the East Asia Climate Forum 2010 and the launching ceremony of the Global Green Growth Institute in Seoul.
The Forum was opened by Mr. Lee Myung-bak, President of the Republic of Korea (pictured on right with Mr. Tanaka). During his discussion with the President, Mr. Tanaka commended Korea for its strong initiative in Green Growth and stressed that addressing energy security was vital to meet today's global energy challenges.
In his keynote speech, Mr. Tanaka stressed that we may be witnessing a historic transition and the beginning of an energy technology revolution. He also stated that tackling climate change and enhancing energy security required a massive decarbonisation of the energy system. The IEA is ready to support this transition and to date has released seven energy technology roadmaps, with others currently underway.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address to G7 Energy Ministerial
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips