Launch of IEA/NEA Nuclear Energy Roadmap
Nuclear could provide almost one-quarter of the world’s electricity by 2050, making a major contribution to cutting greenhouse gas emissions.
16 June 2010
This is the result of the new Nuclear Energy Technology Roadmap developed by the IEA and the OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA). IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka presented the roadmap on 16 June at the East Asia Climate Forum in Seoul.
See Nuclear Roadmap
See press release in English and French
- Energy Efficiency Market Report 2015 highlights cuts in greenhouse gases from investments in energy efficiency
- IEA Deputy Executive Director explores enhancement of ties with Brazil
- IEA Executive Director and Mexican Secretary of Energy open a new chapter in IEA-Mexico co-operation
- IEA Executive Director and OPEC Secretary-General hold talks
- IEA chief receives support in Brussels for modernisation push