Launch of IEA/NEA Nuclear Energy Roadmap
Nuclear could provide almost one-quarter of the world’s electricity by 2050, making a major contribution to cutting greenhouse gas emissions.
16 June 2010
This is the result of the new Nuclear Energy Technology Roadmap developed by the IEA and the OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA). IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka presented the roadmap on 16 June at the East Asia Climate Forum in Seoul.
See Nuclear Roadmap
See press release in English and French
- The state of buildings’ energy performance, and what needs to be done
- IEA Executive Director meets with Norwegian Prime Minister
- How climate talks can enable a low-carbon energy sector – plus aid economic growth and energy access
- Chinese NEA administrator and IEA head meet in Paris
- Executive Director meets with Australian Prime Minister