Latest IEA activities in China
11 June 2010
Bo Diczfalusy visited China from June 7 to June 11 for the first time since starting as IEA Director of Sustainable Energy Policy and Technology. He opened the 58th IEA Fossil Fuel Working Party meeting and the IEA-MOST Workshop on next-generation fossil fuel technologies in Beijing.
Both events were co-hosted by the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) of China.
Mr. Diczfalusy also conducted bilateral meetings with senior officials from the National Energy Administration and MOST, and signed an IEA co-operation agreement with China Electricity Council for an Upgrading Coal-fired Power Plant Project in China.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Renewable energy continuing to increase market share
- Transport, industry and flexibility are the greatest challenges in achieving a carbon-neutral Nordic energy system
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July