Presenting Energy Technology Perspectives in Brazil and Chile
14 July 2010
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones presented findings from the new IEA publication, Energy Technology Perspectives 2010 (ETP-2010), to more than 200 people in Santiago, Chile on July 12. After a presentation about Chile's energy policy by Energy Minister Ricardo Raineri, Ambassador Jones spoke about IEA scenarios to 2050
Ambassador Jones is pictured on the right with Chilean Energy Minister Raineri (left) and Vice Minister Ximena Bronfman.
Ambassador Jones then travelled to Brazil where he presented ETP-2010 in Rio de Janeiro at CEPEL (the Brazilian Electric Energy Research Center). The presentation was followed by a question and answer session. The questions focused on the transport sector, hydropower, biofuels and nuclear energy.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address to G7 Energy Ministerial
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips