Presenting Energy Technology Perspectives in Brazil and Chile
14 July 2010
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones presented findings from the new IEA publication, Energy Technology Perspectives 2010 (ETP-2010), to more than 200 people in Santiago, Chile on July 12. After a presentation about Chile's energy policy by Energy Minister Ricardo Raineri, Ambassador Jones spoke about IEA scenarios to 2050
Ambassador Jones is pictured on the right with Chilean Energy Minister Raineri (left) and Vice Minister Ximena Bronfman.
Ambassador Jones then travelled to Brazil where he presented ETP-2010 in Rio de Janeiro at CEPEL (the Brazilian Electric Energy Research Center). The presentation was followed by a question and answer session. The questions focused on the transport sector, hydropower, biofuels and nuclear energy.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Technology Collaboration Programmes: Highlights and outcomes
- Vehicle fuel economy report identifies regulations and tax policy priority pathways to reducing consumption
- IEA Executive Director calls for new push on energy efficiency
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for May
- Encouraging consumers to make more efficient transport choices