Breakfast debate in Paris on Energy Technology Perspectives 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka participated in a breakfast debate on the new IEA report, Energy Technology Perspectives 2010, in Paris. The event was hosted by the French Ministry of Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development and Sea (MEEDDM).
8 July 2010
Discussing the implications of the report, especially in regard to Europe, were Pierre-Marie Abadie (Director of Energy at MEEDDM), Olivier Appert (President of Institut Francais du Petrole (IFP) and Alliance National de Coordination de la Recherche pour L’Energie (ANCRE)), Jerome Perrin (Renault), and Bo Diczfalusy (Director of Sustainable Energy Policy and Technology, IEA). The debate was moderated by Richard Lavargne, advisor to the Director General for Energy and Climate at MEEDDM and discussed the role of new technologies in transforming the French and European energy system. Mr. Tanaka is pictured here with the panellists.
See presentations: Nobuo Tanaka / Olivier Appert / Jerome Perrin
See key graphs from ETP 2010
- Launch of India Energy Outlook helps advance IEA-India co-operation
- IEA brings four key messages to COP21 climate negotiations
- The state of buildings’ energy performance, and what needs to be done
- IEA Executive Director meets with Norwegian Prime Minister
- Chinese NEA administrator and IEA head meet in Paris