Breakfast debate in Paris on Energy Technology Perspectives 2010
8 July 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka participated in a breakfast debate on the new IEA report, Energy Technology Perspectives 2010, in Paris. The event was hosted by the French Ministry of Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development and Sea (MEEDDM).
Discussing the implications of the report, especially in regard to Europe, were Pierre-Marie Abadie, Director of Energy at MEEDDM; Olivier Appert, President of Institut Francais du Petrole, or IFP; Jerome Perrin of Renault; and Bo Diczfalusy, IEA Director of Sustainable Energy Policy and Technology. The debate was moderated by Richard Lavargne, advisor to the Director General for Energy and Climate at MEEDDM. Discussion also addressed the role of new technologies in transforming the French and European energy system.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Vehicle fuel economy report identifies regulations and tax policy priority pathways to reducing consumption
- IEA Executive Director calls for new push on energy efficiency
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for May
- Encouraging consumers to make more efficient transport choices
- OECD energy production hits record high, but consumption and CO2 emissions fall