Breakfast debate in Paris on Energy Technology Perspectives 2010
8 July 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka participated in a breakfast debate on the new IEA report, Energy Technology Perspectives 2010, in Paris. The event was hosted by the French Ministry of Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development and Sea (MEEDDM).
Discussing the implications of the report, especially in regard to Europe, were Pierre-Marie Abadie, Director of Energy at MEEDDM; Olivier Appert, President of Institut Francais du Petrole, or IFP; Jerome Perrin of Renault; and Bo Diczfalusy, IEA Director of Sustainable Energy Policy and Technology. The debate was moderated by Richard Lavargne, advisor to the Director General for Energy and Climate at MEEDDM. Discussion also addressed the role of new technologies in transforming the French and European energy system.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address to G7 Energy Ministerial
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips