IEA/IEEJ Forum on Global Oil Market Challenges
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka delivered an opening address at the Forum on Global Oil Market Challenges, which was held jointly with IEA and Institute of Energy and Economy of Japan (IEEJ), sponsored by Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
26 February 2010
This was an open forum built on the extensive discussion that took place in the closed expert level work shop on the previous day. More than three hundred people from industry, government, press and research institutions attended. In his presentation, Mr. Tanaka highlighted the importance of reducing uncertainty about fundamentals and how taking various measures towards achieving a better functioning oil market is necessary to reduce volatility. Among many distinguished speakers, Mr. Scott O’Malia, the Commissioner of the US CFTC explained their work on increasing transparency, financial reform and position limits.
- Energy Efficiency Market Report 2015 highlights cuts in greenhouse gases from investments in energy efficiency
- IEA Deputy Executive Director explores enhancement of ties with Brazil
- IEA Executive Director and Mexican Secretary of Energy open a new chapter in IEA-Mexico co-operation
- IEA Executive Director and OPEC Secretary-General hold talks
- IEA chief receives support in Brussels for modernisation push