IEA Executive Director talks with Visegrad 4+ leaders on energy security
24 February 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka was invited by Prime Minister György Gordon Bajnai of the Republic of Hungary to join the Visegrad 4+ Energy Security Summit in Budapest on 24 February, in which eight Prime Ministers and senior offcials from the V4 and surrounding countries participated.
In his remarks, Mr. Tanaka stressed several concrete steps to enhance the energy security of the region, including energy efficiency, diversification of supply and gas security measures.
The leaders adopted a declaration that facilitates further integration of gas network and other security measures to enhance security.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address to G7 Energy Ministerial
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips