IEA Executive Director talks with Visegrad 4+ leaders on energy security
24 February 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka was invited by Prime Minister György Gordon Bajnai of the Republic of Hungary to join the Visegrad 4+ Energy Security Summit in Budapest on 24 February, in which eight Prime Ministers and senior offcials from the V4 and surrounding countries participated.
In his remarks, Mr. Tanaka stressed several concrete steps to enhance the energy security of the region, including energy efficiency, diversification of supply and gas security measures.
The leaders adopted a declaration that facilitates further integration of gas network and other security measures to enhance security.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Technology Collaboration Programmes: Highlights and outcomes
- Vehicle fuel economy report identifies regulations and tax policy priority pathways to reducing consumption
- IEA Executive Director calls for new push on energy efficiency
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for May
- Encouraging consumers to make more efficient transport choices