IEA Executive Director talks with Visegrad 4+ leaders on energy security
24 February 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka was invited by Prime Minister György Gordon Bajnai of the Republic of Hungary to join the Visegrad 4+ Energy Security Summit in Budapest on 24 February, in which eight Prime Ministers and senior offcials from the V4 and surrounding countries participated.
In his remarks, Mr. Tanaka stressed several concrete steps to enhance the energy security of the region, including energy efficiency, diversification of supply and gas security measures.
The leaders adopted a declaration that facilitates further integration of gas network and other security measures to enhance security.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address at World Nuclear Exhibition
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for June
- IEA brings together energy efficiency experts from across the globe
- Policy support and technology progress helps electric cars worldwide surge past the 1 million milestone
- Measuring the value of next-generation wind and solar power