IEA Executive Director talks with Visegrad 4+ leaders on energy security
24 February 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka was invited by Prime Minister György Gordon Bajnai of the Republic of Hungary to join the Visegrad 4+ Energy Security Summit in Budapest on 24 February, in which eight Prime Ministers and senior offcials from the V4 and surrounding countries participated.
In his remarks, Mr. Tanaka stressed several concrete steps to enhance the energy security of the region, including energy efficiency, diversification of supply and gas security measures.
The leaders adopted a declaration that facilitates further integration of gas network and other security measures to enhance security.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July
- Mission Innovation, a global partnership that seeks to accelerate clean energy innovation
- Lower oil prices are driving down investment and energy efficiency as Middle East producers gain market share, IEA says