Fostering co-operation with Chile
30 April 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka was invited by the Chilean government to Santiago de Chile from 26-27 April 2010 to discuss the country's new energy challenges in the wake of the 27 February earthquake and the 11 March change of government.
Mr. Tanaka met with the new Minister of Energy, Mr. Ricardo Raineri and other government officials working in the Energy Ministry, and gave a presentation on recent IEA policy messages to a group of 130 Chilean policy makers and local press. Discussions with Minister Raineri focused on the upcoming Emergency Response Assessment of Chile, and a range of collaboration activities including energy statistics training and technology collaboration.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Renewable energy continuing to increase market share
- Transport, industry and flexibility are the greatest challenges in achieving a carbon-neutral Nordic energy system
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July