Fostering co-operation with Chile
30 April 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka was invited by the Chilean government to Santiago de Chile from 26-27 April 2010 to discuss the country's new energy challenges in the wake of the 27 February earthquake and the 11 March change of government.
Mr. Tanaka met with the new Minister of Energy, Mr. Ricardo Raineri and other government officials working in the Energy Ministry, and gave a presentation on recent IEA policy messages to a group of 130 Chilean policy makers and local press. Discussions with Minister Raineri focused on the upcoming Emergency Response Assessment of Chile, and a range of collaboration activities including energy statistics training and technology collaboration.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Vehicle fuel economy report identifies regulations and tax policy priority pathways to reducing consumption
- IEA Executive Director calls for new push on energy efficiency
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for May
- Encouraging consumers to make more efficient transport choices
- OECD energy production hits record high, but consumption and CO2 emissions fall