Fostering co-operation with Chile
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka was invited by the Chilean government to Santiago de Chile from 26-27 April to discuss the country's new energy challenges in the wake of the 27 February earthquake and the 11 March change of government.
30 April 2010
Mr. Tanaka met with the new Minister of Energy, Mr. Ricardo Raineri (in photo) and other government officials working in the Energy Ministry, and gave a presentation on recent IEA policy messages to a group of 130 Chilean policy makers and local press. Discussions with Minister Raineri focused on the upcoming Emergency Response Assessment of Chile, and a range of collaboration activities including energy statistics training and technology collaboration.
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for October
- IEA contributes expertise and outlook at two meetings of energy ministers in Asia
- Energy Efficiency Market Report 2015 highlights cuts in greenhouse gases from investments in energy efficiency
- IEA Deputy Executive Director explores enhancement of ties with Brazil
- IEA Executive Director and Mexican Secretary of Energy open a new chapter in IEA-Mexico co-operation