Fostering co-operation with Chile
30 April 2010
IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka was invited by the Chilean government to Santiago de Chile from 26-27 April 2010 to discuss the country's new energy challenges in the wake of the 27 February earthquake and the 11 March change of government.
Mr. Tanaka met with the new Minister of Energy, Mr. Ricardo Raineri and other government officials working in the Energy Ministry, and gave a presentation on recent IEA policy messages to a group of 130 Chilean policy makers and local press. Discussions with Minister Raineri focused on the upcoming Emergency Response Assessment of Chile, and a range of collaboration activities including energy statistics training and technology collaboration.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for April