Official visit to Finland
13 April 2010
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones was invited by the Finnish government to Finland from 12-13 April to discuss its special energy situation and new energy challenges.
The programme included a visit to the Olkiluoto nuclear power plant, the Vuosaari Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plant in Helsinki as well as a meeting with Economy Minister Mauri Pekkarinen (left in photo) and other government officials working in the Energy Department.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for April