Official visit to Finland
13 April 2010
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones was invited by the Finnish government to Finland from 12-13 April to discuss its special energy situation and new energy challenges.
The programme included a visit to the Olkiluoto nuclear power plant, the Vuosaari Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plant in Helsinki as well as a meeting with Economy Minister Mauri Pekkarinen (left in photo) and other government officials working in the Energy Department.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Technology Collaboration Programmes: Highlights and outcomes
- Vehicle fuel economy report identifies regulations and tax policy priority pathways to reducing consumption
- IEA Executive Director calls for new push on energy efficiency
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for May
- Encouraging consumers to make more efficient transport choices