Official visit to Finland
13 April 2010
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones was invited by the Finnish government to Finland from 12-13 April to discuss its special energy situation and new energy challenges.
The programme included a visit to the Olkiluoto nuclear power plant, the Vuosaari Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plant in Helsinki as well as a meeting with Economy Minister Mauri Pekkarinen (left in photo) and other government officials working in the Energy Department.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for June
- IEA brings together energy efficiency experts from across the globe
- Policy support and technology progress helps electric cars worldwide surge past the 1 million milestone
- Measuring the value of next-generation wind and solar power
- Technology Collaboration Programmes: Highlights and outcomes