Official visit to Finland
13 April 2010
IEA Deputy Executive Director Richard H. Jones was invited by the Finnish government to Finland from 12-13 April to discuss its special energy situation and new energy challenges.
The programme included a visit to the Olkiluoto nuclear power plant, the Vuosaari Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plant in Helsinki as well as a meeting with Economy Minister Mauri Pekkarinen (left in photo) and other government officials working in the Energy Department.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July
- Mission Innovation, a global partnership that seeks to accelerate clean energy innovation
- Lower oil prices are driving down investment and energy efficiency as Middle East producers gain market share, IEA says