Visit to ITER facility in Cadarache, France
9 April 2010
IEA Executive Director, Nobuo Tanaka visited the ITER facility in Cadarache, France on 9 April 2010.
After exchanging views with ITER Director General Mr. Kaname Ikeda (left in photo), Mr. Tanaka visited the construction site of ITER, and also the French Tore Supra fusion facility.
At a seminar for the ITER staff, Mr. Tanaka delivered a presentation on energy security and sustainability. He stressed that IEA will continue to support the development of fusion technology as a sustainable source of electricity in the second half of the century, through the Fusion Power Co-ordinating Committee and the nine fusion-related multilateral technology initiatives (also known as Implementing Agreements).
Browse IEA news by topic:
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for April
- IEA Energy Business Council meets in Paris