Visit to ITER facility in Cadarache, France
9 April 2010
IEA Executive Director, Nobuo Tanaka visited the ITER facility in Cadarache, France on 9 April 2010.
After exchanging views with ITER Director General Mr. Kaname Ikeda (left in photo), Mr. Tanaka visited the construction site of ITER, and also the French Tore Supra fusion facility.
At a seminar for the ITER staff, Mr. Tanaka delivered a presentation on energy security and sustainability. He stressed that IEA will continue to support the development of fusion technology as a sustainable source of electricity in the second half of the century, through the Fusion Power Co-ordinating Committee and the nine fusion-related multilateral technology initiatives (also known as Implementing Agreements).
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July
- Mission Innovation, a global partnership that seeks to accelerate clean energy innovation
- Lower oil prices are driving down investment and energy efficiency as Middle East producers gain market share, IEA says