Visit to ITER facility in Cadarache, France
IEA Executive Director, Nobuo Tanaka visited the ITER facility in Cadarache, France on April 9th.
9 April 2010
After exchanging views with ITER Director General Mr. Kaname Ikeda, he visited the construction site of ITER, and also the French Tore Supra fusion facility. At the seminar for the ITER staff, Mr. Tanaka delivered a presentation on energy security and sustainability. He stressed that IEA will continue to support the development of fusion technology as a sustainable source of electricity in the second half of the century, through the Fusion Power Co-ordinating Committee and the nine Fusion related multilateral technology initiatives (Implementing Agreements).
- IEA Deputy Executive Director explores enhancement of ties with Brazil
- IEA Executive Director and Mexican Secretary of Energy open a new chapter in IEA-Mexico co-operation
- IEA Executive Director and OPEC Secretary-General hold talks
- IEA chief receives support in Brussels for modernisation push
- Showcasing the IEA’s hidden gems