Seoul: 12 May 2014
Preorder the IEA flagship technology publication
Starting from the premise that electricity will be an increasingly important vector in the energy systems of the future, Energy Technology Perspectives 2014 (ETP 2014) takes a deep dive into what needs to be done to provide sustainable options for generation, distribution and end-use consumption. In addition to modelling the global outlook to 2050 under different scenarios for around 500 technology options, ETP 2014 explores the possibility of “pushing the limits” in six key areas:
- Decarbonising energy supply: is solar the answer?
- The enabling role of natural gas: flexibility vs. base load
- Electrified transport: how quickly and far can we go?
- Energy storage as a game changer?
- Financing the transition to low-carbon electricity
- High efficiency power generation in India
Since it was first published in 2006, ETP has evolved into a series that sets out pathways to a sustainable energy future in which optimal technology choices are driven by cost, energy security and environmental factors.
- Topic-specific books and papers explore particularly timely subjects or cross-cutting challenges.
- Tracking Clean Energy Progress provides a yearly snapshot of advances in diverse areas, while also showing the interplay among technologies.
- Supported by the ETP analysis, IEA Technology Roadmaps assess the potential for transformation across various technology areas and outline actions and milestones for deployment.
Collectively, this series lays out the wide range of necessary and achievable steps that can be taken in the near and medium terms to set the stage for long-term energy policy objectives, clearly identifying the roles of energy sector players, policy makers and industry.
Who will benefit from using ETP 2014? Past experience shows that ETP publications attract wide and varied audiences, including experts in the energy field (e.g. technology analysts and academics), policy makers and heads of governments, as well as business leaders and investors. This reflects the value of the series’ high-level policy messages, well –rounded commentary and detailed and transparent quantitative modelling analysis.
ETP 2014 purchase includes extensive downloadable data, figures and visualisations.
Preorder the book here.