World Energy Investment Outlook presented in China
19 June 2014
IEA Chief Economist Fatih Birol presented the newly released World Energy Investment Outlook (WEIO) in Beijing, China, at a joint workshop with the National Center for Climate Strategy and International Cooperation (NCSC) of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
Mr. Su Wei, China's top climate change negotiator and Director-General at the Department of Climate Change of the NDRC, opened the workshop by highlighting the IEA’s commitment to climate change work and congratulating the Agency for the very interesting report.
In his response to the findings of the WEIO, Professor Zou Ji, Deputy Director General at the NCSC, discussed how the messages on the investment needs to address climate change are a very important guidance for the Chinese government’s planning as well as for the climate negotiations towards COP21 in Paris in 2015. For the latter, he underlined that investment and financing are key elements of the negotiations.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address at World Nuclear Exhibition
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for June
- IEA brings together energy efficiency experts from across the globe
- Policy support and technology progress helps electric cars worldwide surge past the 1 million milestone
- Measuring the value of next-generation wind and solar power