World Energy Investment Outlook presented in China
IEA Chief Economist Fatih Birol presented the newly released World Energy Investment Outlook (WEIO) in Beijing, China, at a joint workshop with the National Center for Climate Strategy and International Cooperation (NCSC) of the NDRC
19 June 2014
Mr. Su Wei, Chinese top climate change negotiator and Director General at the Department of Climate Change of the NDRC, opened the workshop by highlighting the IEA’s commitment to climate change work and congratulating for the very interesting report.
In his response to the findings of the WEIO, Prof. Zou Ji, Deputy Director General at the NCSC, discussed how the messages on the investment needs to address climate change are a very important guidance for the Chinese government’s planning as well as for the climate negotiations towards COP-21 in Paris in 2015. For the latter, he underlined that investment and financing are key elements of the negotiations.
- Launch of India Energy Outlook helps advance IEA-India co-operation
- IEA brings four key messages to COP21 climate negotiations
- The state of buildings’ energy performance, and what needs to be done
- IEA Executive Director meets with Norwegian Prime Minister
- Chinese NEA administrator and IEA head meet in Paris