World Energy Investment Outlook presented in China
19 June 2014
IEA Chief Economist Fatih Birol presented the newly released World Energy Investment Outlook (WEIO) in Beijing, China, at a joint workshop with the National Center for Climate Strategy and International Cooperation (NCSC) of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
Mr. Su Wei, China's top climate change negotiator and Director-General at the Department of Climate Change of the NDRC, opened the workshop by highlighting the IEA’s commitment to climate change work and congratulating the Agency for the very interesting report.
In his response to the findings of the WEIO, Professor Zou Ji, Deputy Director General at the NCSC, discussed how the messages on the investment needs to address climate change are a very important guidance for the Chinese government’s planning as well as for the climate negotiations towards COP21 in Paris in 2015. For the latter, he underlined that investment and financing are key elements of the negotiations.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Technology Collaboration Programmes: Highlights and outcomes
- Vehicle fuel economy report identifies regulations and tax policy priority pathways to reducing consumption
- IEA Executive Director calls for new push on energy efficiency
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for May
- Encouraging consumers to make more efficient transport choices