Renewable energy sources are a critical element of energy security
IEA Executive Director addresses French symposium
1 February 2011
On 1 February, Nobuo Tanaka, Executive Director of the International Energy Agency, spoke at the 12th Annual Colloquium of the Syndicat des énergies Renouvables in Paris.
He told the more than 1 000 participants from government, industry, and the research sector that renewable energy sources are a critical element of energy security. He discussed the ongoing process of improving government policy to promote photovoltaic solar power, stressing flexibility to avoid price bubbles while effectively supporting continued deployment of this important technology.
The colloquim was also addressed by the French Minister of Industry, Energy, and Economy, Eric Besson.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July
- Mission Innovation, a global partnership that seeks to accelerate clean energy innovation
- Lower oil prices are driving down investment and energy efficiency as Middle East producers gain market share, IEA says