Renewable energy sources are a critical element of energy security
On 1 February, Nobuo Tanaka, Executive Director of the International Energy Agency, spoke at the 12th Annual Colloquium of the Syndicat des énergies Renouvables in Paris.
1 February 2011
He told over 1000 participants from government, industry, and the research sector that renewable energy sources are a critical element of energy security. He discussed the ongoing process of improving government policy to promote photovoltaic solar power, stressing flexibility to avoid price bubbles while effectively supporting continued deployment of this important technology. The colloquim was also addressed by the French Minister of Industry, Energy, and Economy, Eric Besson.
- IEA Deputy Executive Director explores enhancement of ties with Brazil
- IEA Executive Director and Mexican Secretary of Energy open a new chapter in IEA-Mexico co-operation
- IEA Executive Director and OPEC Secretary-General hold talks
- IEA chief receives support in Brussels for modernisation push
- Showcasing the IEA’s hidden gems