Renewable energy sources are a critical element of energy security
IEA Executive Director addresses French symposium
1 February 2011
On 1 February, Nobuo Tanaka, Executive Director of the International Energy Agency, spoke at the 12th Annual Colloquium of the Syndicat des énergies Renouvables in Paris.
He told the more than 1 000 participants from government, industry, and the research sector that renewable energy sources are a critical element of energy security. He discussed the ongoing process of improving government policy to promote photovoltaic solar power, stressing flexibility to avoid price bubbles while effectively supporting continued deployment of this important technology.
The colloquim was also addressed by the French Minister of Industry, Energy, and Economy, Eric Besson.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address to G7 Energy Ministerial
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips