The IEA expresses its condolences to the Japanese people
Agency emphasises readiness to act if it is needed
13 March 2011
In the wake of the tragic earthquake that struck northeast Japan, IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka expressed his sincerest condolences for the lives and homes lost. He said, “The IEA stands with the Japanese people. I would like to emphasise our strong support and readiness to act should energy supply become a concern.” The IEA will continue to monitor the developments in Japan, in close consultation with Japanese authorities, and is ready to help in any possible way.
See the letter from the Executive Director to the Japanese Economy, Trade and Industry Minister.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Technology Collaboration Programmes: Highlights and outcomes
- Vehicle fuel economy report identifies regulations and tax policy priority pathways to reducing consumption
- IEA Executive Director calls for new push on energy efficiency
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for May
- Encouraging consumers to make more efficient transport choices