Facts about nuclear energy in Japan, the OECD and the world
The IEA provides sources for information
18 March 2011
For the latest information about the situation in Japan, including a collection of links regarding the status of nuclear reactors and radioactive releases, as well as for facts on nuclear energy in OECD countries, please visit the website of the OECD Nuclear Energy Agency, the International Atomic Energy Agency and Japan’s Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency.
Click the following link for a graph of world nuclear generating capacity from 1960 to 2009
Click the following link for a graph of the share of nuclear power as a percentage of total electricity, on a country-by-country basis.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Exploring the future of the IEA – China relationship
- IEA Executive Director voices support for Indonesia’s energy reforms in meeting with Vice President
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for July
- Mission Innovation, a global partnership that seeks to accelerate clean energy innovation
- Lower oil prices are driving down investment and energy efficiency as Middle East producers gain market share, IEA says