Facts about nuclear energy in Japan, the OECD and the world
The IEA provides sources for information
18 March 2011
For the latest information about the situation in Japan, including a collection of links regarding the status of nuclear reactors and radioactive releases, as well as for facts on nuclear energy in OECD countries, please visit the website of the OECD Nuclear Energy Agency, the International Atomic Energy Agency and Japan’s Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency.
Click the following link for a graph of world nuclear generating capacity from 1960 to 2009
Click the following link for a graph of the share of nuclear power as a percentage of total electricity, on a country-by-country basis.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- Technology Collaboration Programmes: Highlights and outcomes
- Vehicle fuel economy report identifies regulations and tax policy priority pathways to reducing consumption
- IEA Executive Director calls for new push on energy efficiency
- IEA releases Oil Market Report for May
- Encouraging consumers to make more efficient transport choices