Facts about nuclear energy in Japan, the OECD and the world
The IEA provides sources for information
18 March 2011
For the latest information about the situation in Japan, including a collection of links regarding the status of nuclear reactors and radioactive releases, as well as for facts on nuclear energy in OECD countries, please visit the website of the OECD Nuclear Energy Agency, the International Atomic Energy Agency and Japan’s Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency.
Click the following link for a graph of world nuclear generating capacity from 1960 to 2009
Click the following link for a graph of the share of nuclear power as a percentage of total electricity, on a country-by-country basis.
Browse IEA news by topic:
- IEA Executive Director delivers keynote address to G7 Energy Ministerial
- Experts provide input for World Energy Outlook 2016 on how renewables can best help limit climate change
- 4th IEA Unconventional Gas Forum examines Latin America’s production prospects
- IEA Executive Director briefs Japanese PM ahead of G7 summit
- IEA highlights production growth outlook for Brazilian oil and biofuels even as demand dips