What is the impact of high oil prices on the global economy? (Part 3 of 3)
17 April 2012
Over the past few weeks, the IEA has released slides which assess how current crude prices are contributing to economic malaise.
This final set of slides concludes that further price rises could plunge the world economy back into recession and that improving energy efficiency and boosting low-carbon energy would enhance energy security throughout the world.
Slides: Impact of high oil prices on the economy (part 3)
• OPEC revenues on track to reach another record high
• Households are being hit hard
• Oil-import intensity is the key factor
• Concluding remarks
Photo copyright: GraphicObsession
- Executive Director visits the Netherlands
- Commentary: Energy has a role to play in achieving universal access to clean water and sanitation
- Global energy demand grew by 2.1% in 2017, and carbon emissions rose for the first time since 2014
- IEA for EU4Energy holds regional training on monthly data in Odessa, Ukraine