Promoting Energy Efficiency Worldwide
11 December 2009
The IEA helped the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) organise an energy efficiency competition among students up to 18 years old in schools around the world. Students were asked to suggest an innovative way to improve global electrical energy efficiency by:|
- Suggesting a new device to save electricity
- Writing a computer program to monitor electricity usage in the home or workplace
- Creating an awareness campaign to change behaviour, save electricity or improve the way electricity is used.
The choir from the Akosombo International School in Ghana won for an innovative song on saving energy.
- Executive Director visits the Netherlands
- Commentary: Energy has a role to play in achieving universal access to clean water and sanitation
- Global energy demand grew by 2.1% in 2017, and carbon emissions rose for the first time since 2014
- IEA for EU4Energy holds regional training on monthly data in Odessa, Ukraine