IEA World Energy Outlook 2008 provides answers to these and other leading questions.
• Is the oil supply crunch about investment or geology?
Where are the oil/gas investment priorities, and obstacles?
What are the implications of current structural changes in the upstream oil and gas industry?
• To what extent can lower energy bills reward energy-efficiency investments?
• How can energy poverty be addressed in major oil- and gas-producing Sub-Saharan African countries?
• What contribution would renewables and nuclear energy make to stabilising greenhouse-gas emissions and limiting the increase in global temperature?
• How can the various climate mechanisms such as cap-and-trade systems, sectoral agreements and national policies and measures play a role?