Deferred Investment Scenario – likely
impact of upstream investment shortfalls in Middle East/North
World Alternative Policy
Scenario – how
energy-efficiency and environmental policies could
make a difference.
– in-depth analysis.
Power generation and desalination -
close-up on Middle East/North
much will oil and gas contribute to meeting the
expected 50% growth in world energy
needs by 2030?
• What proportion of the world's oil and gas reserves
lie in Middle East and North African countries?
• Can their input bridge the
• How might global oil and gas markets be affected by
countries' curbs on greenhouse gas emissions, particularly
if energy prices are high?
• What is the relationship between energy prices and reduced
•Will the roles of
nuclear power and renewable energy expand?
• How would local Middle East and
economies be affected if upstream oil and gas investment moved too
Energy Outlook 2005 offers:
• 600 pages of detailed analysis, more than 250 graphs/tables.
• Analysis of energy demand/supply trends for the Middle East and North
region and the implications for markets, prices and energy security.
• Dedicated chapters on Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Qatar,
Saudi Arabia and the United