|Policy Status||In force|
|Agency||•Federal Ministry for Economy, Family and Youth|
•Multiple Renewable Energy Sources
|Size of Plant Targeted||Small and Large|
|Description||New feed-in tariffs for renewable electricity were determined in December by the Federal Ministry for Economics, Family and Youth, for new contracts for electricity produced from wind, biomass, biogas, landfill and sewage gas, geothermal and solar in EUR cents/kWh.
Contracts for wind energy, solar PV, landfill and sewage gas and geothermal energy last 13 years, while the rest (biomass and other biogas) last 15 years.
Primary tariffs (in EUR cents/kWh) are indicated below:
- Wind energy: 9.50 EUR cents/kWh
- Landfill gas: 6.00 EUR cents/kWh
- Sewage gas: 5.00 EUR cents/kWh
- Geothermal: 7.50 EUR cents/kWh
Solar Photovoltaic (PV):
- Up to 5kWp: receives an investment subsidy;
- 5-20kWp: 25.00 EUR cents/kWh
- over 20kWp: 19.00 EUR cents/kWh.
Building integrated Photovoltaic (PV):
- up to 5kWp: receives an investment subsidy;
- 5-20kWp: 27.60 EUR cents/kWh
- over 20kWp: 23.00 EUR cents/kWh.
- Up to 500kW: 14.98 EUR cents/kWh.
- 500kW-1MW: 13.54 EUR cents/kWh.
- 1-1.5MW: 13.10 EUR cents/kWh.
- 1.5-2MW: 12.97 EUR cents/kWh.
- 2-5MW: 14.93 EUR cents/kWh.
- 5-10MW: 12.06 EUR cents/kWh.
- over 10MW: 10.00 EUR cents/kWh.
- For waste containing high solid biomass content, the tariff is reduced by 25% or 40% depending on the type of biomass.
- Co-combustion of solid biomass in thermal power plants: 6.12 EUR cents/kWh. This tariff is reduced by 20% or 30% depending on the type of biomass.
- Liquid biomass: 5.80 EUR cents/kWh. A supplement of 2.00 EUR cents/kWh applies when used in efficient cogeneration.
Biogas (from agricultural products and waste) Under 250kW: 18.50 EUR cents/kWh.
- 250-500kW: 16.50 EUR cents/kWh.
- over 500kW: 13.00 EUR cents/kWh.
Tariffs are reduced 20% for biogas from the co-fermentation of waste materials. A supplement of 2.00 is received when used in efficient cogeneration, or for treatment of natural gas quality.