|Policy Status||In force|
|Date Effective||1 April 2009|
|Agency||•Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research|
|Funding||AUD 200 million over 4 years|Clean Energy Innovation Centre: AUD 20 million over 4 years|
•RD & D
•Technology Deployment and Diffusion
|Policy Target||•Multiple Renewable Energy Sources|
|Policy Sector||•Multi-sectoral Policy|
|Description||Enterprise Connect is a AUD 200 million Australian Government initiative designed to boost productivity. The Clean Energy Innovation Centre is a AUD 20 million commitment under Enterprise Connect to assist companies innovating in the clean energy sector.
The Clean Energy Innovation Centre helps small and medium sized clean energy companies enhance their performance by providing a range of business improvement services. The centre provides the core suite of services offered by the Enterprise Connect network including:
- Business Review : conducted for free by Business Advisers;
- Tailored Advisory Service : provides funding to implement actions identified in the Business Review; and
- Researchers in Business : offers the placement of researchers from universities or public research agencies into businesses to help develop and implement new commercial ideas.
The Clean Energy Innovation Centre offers a range of industry specific assistance including:
- Facilitating quick access to services provided under Austrade's Clean Energy Export Strategy;
- Finding and adapting the latest research and technology to help firms improve their products and manufacturing processes;
- Provision of expert, customised advice to improve commercialisation planning and execution; and
- A range of initiatives aimed at enhancing information exchange within the clean energy sector.